Protection and Processing of Personal Data
The administrator of your personal data is Alensa s.r.o., registered at Českomoravská 2408/1a, Praha 9 – Libeň, 190 00, identification number: 27179681, registered in the Commercial Register at the Municipal Court in Prague, section C, 102359 (hereafter referred to as “administrator”).
2. Categories of Personal Data
Alensa s.r.o. processes necessary personal data under Article 6, part 1.(b) of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL, which are necessary to enter into a contract with Alensa, s.r.o., including:
- Telephone number
- Address for delivery
- Billing address
- Bank account details
- Individual optical prescription information as applicable, including power/sphere, base curve, diameter, axis, cylinder, ADD power, type of lens or brand.
- Digital photo of your valid contact lens prescription
We also process the following personal data:
- Communication between the administrator and the customer
- Records of behaviour on websites managed by Alensa, s.r.o.
- Photos depicting the customer wearing the eyeglasses (needed to check the quality of multifocal eyeglass lenses)
3. Processing Time
In accordance with applicable law, for the purpose of rendering the performance of the contract and for the purpose of recording the contract and any future application and protection of the rights and obligations of the parties, the storage and processing of personal data is for the above purpose for a period of 10 years from the performance of the last contract, unless otherwise required by the law for the maintenance of the contractual documentation for a longer period. The processing referred to above is made possible by virtue of Article 6, part 1. (b) of REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL: “processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.”
Photos are only used to inspect and assess the quality of your eyeglass lenses and are deleted after the quality check has been completed.
4. Transmission of Personal Data to Third Parties
Unless required by law, Alensa s.r.o. will not disclose your personal data to third parties. Alensa, s.r.o. declares that all personal data is confidential and will not be disclosed to any third parties. Some exceptions include:
- Carriers, suppliers and dispensing points - only the personal data required to deliver the goods, process complaints or manage returns will be disclosed to our delivery partners.
- Rating service providers - only the personal data required to award a rating are disclosed.
- Payment gateway providers - only the personal data required to pay for the order are disclosed.
Other uses of your personal information include:
- Analytics and marketing providers and software - in order to personalise offers and target appropriately
- E-mail and SMS communication software provider - for communication purposes, enabled via opt-ins
- Social media - communication, plugins and account linking
- Customer service tools and providers - to facilitate customer care and communication
- Vendors and cloud service providers
- Public, financial and legal authorities - for the purpose dealing with legal rights and obligations
The administrator does not intend to pass your personal data to a third country (a non-EU country) or to any international organizations.
5. Marketing Communications
Commercial messages may be sent to your e-mail address by Alensa s.r.o. This procedure is allowed by Act No. 480/2004 Coll. Article 7, part 3 of the information society services unless you decide to reject in the future. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive our e-mails, please follow the opt-out link found at the bottom of each e-mail newsletter or opt-out option in your account overview at our website. Alensa s.r.o. will keep the e-mail address for three years after the last purchase agreement between the two parties.
6. Rights of Data Subjects
You can access and update your personal data at any time by signing into your customer account profile. Under the conditions set out in the regulations, you have the following rights:
- to request the administrator access your personal information
- information about what data is being processed
- to update or correct your personal information
- the deletion of your personal data (unless such deletion of personal data is contrary to the provisions of this article and the legitimate interests of Alensa s.r.o.)
- to limit the processing of your personal information
- to object to the processing of your personal data.
If you have any questions or concerns about our handling or processing of your personal data, you may contact us by e-mail: GDPR@alensa.eu, or contact the Office for Personal Data Protection.
- to remember your login details;
- for the proper functioning of the shopping basket;
- to discover your browsing history in order to bring you relevant offers;
- to improve our site by monitoring visits, activity, and various functions on the site.
Some cookies collect information that is then used by third parties, and these third-party cookies directly support our advertising activities. For example, information about products purchased on our website may be displayed by an advertising agency as part of the display and customisation of web banner advertisements on your selected website. However, you cannot be personally identified by this data.
The cookies used on our website can be divided into two basic types. Session cookies are deleted as soon as your visit to our website ends. Persistent cookies remain stored on your device longer or until you remove them manually (the period for which a cookie is left on your device depends on the cookie’s own settings and your browser settings). Cookies can also be divided by functionality. Analytical cookies help us improve the user experience of our website by understanding how people use it; conversion cookies help us analyse the performance of various sales channels; tracking cookies, which, when combined with conversion cookies, help us analyse the performance of various sales channels; remarketing cookies allow us to personalise the content of ads and their correct targeting; and essential cookies, which are important for basic website functionality.
All cookies used by this server are used in accordance with current EU cookie laws.
You can delete cookies at any time, but, in doing so, you can lose all the information that allows you to access our site faster and more efficiently, including customisation settings.
Make sure your internet browser is up to date, and consult the help and instructions provided by your web browser developer if you are not sure how to modify your privacy settings.
You can find information about browsers and how to set cookies preferences on the following websites or other Internet browser documentation:
We display content that links to third-party sites. We are not responsible for the third-party sites’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party link, please note that you are leaving our page, and the personal data you provide will no longer be covered by this policy. Please read these companies’ privacy policies to see how they collect and process your personal information.
9. Data Security
Data security is very important to us, so we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial measures to protect and secure the data collected through our website. However, we want to remind you that the transmission of information over the Internet is done at your own risk.
11. Contact Us
In the case of any queries or requests regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us at the customer service address mentioned below or via the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.